- Backup repository/repositories you want to modify.
- Enable “mq” extension. If you don’t know how to enable it, follow these steps.
- Open TortoiseHG Workbench
- Go to File > Settings > USERNAME’s Global Settings > Extensions > select “mq” > press OK button
- Restart TortoiseHG by closing and opening it again.
- Select changeset you want to remove > Right click > Modify History > Strip … > press Strip button
- Broadcast to everyone who uses the repository to clone it from “clean” repository
I would like to remind you that typically it is against the best practice to permanently remove any changeset from any version control.
- Small team
- Full control over all the clones
Why remove and not back out?
You want to keep the repository “clean”
Vishal Monpara is a full stack Solution Developer/Architect with 13 years of experience primarily using Microsoft stack. He is currently working in Retail industry and moving 1’s and 0’s from geographically dispersed hard disks to geographically dispersed user leveraging geographically dispersed team members.