I had a need to export all the emails’ meta data like From, To, Subject, Receive Date from Outlook. Quickly searching on the internet, I found the script at http://superuser.com/questions/816289/exporting-attachment-file-name-email-metadata-from-outlook-to-excel so I quickly created a spreadsheet and exported all the needed information.
I have made following modification to the code
- Commented out exporting email body data as I don’t need it
- Error thrown when setting up the auto filter
Other than that code worked fine for my need.
Here are the steps
- Download the Macro enabled Excel spreadsheet
- If you see the security warning, click on “Enable Macro” button for this spreadsheet to work
- You will see the spreadsheet with two tabs. The first tab contains a button. Second tab contains the result.
- Click on the “Get Outlook Data” button
- It will prompt the user to select the Outlook folder/subfolder from which you want to export the data.
- Select the appropriate folder and click “OK”.
- Once completed, it will show the message “Completed” and you will get all the data that you need in the “Outlook Results” tab